Eric Cawley brings decades of marketing experience to small businesses who need an expert in a diversity of critical marketing operations. Below is his functional resume. Here’s Eric’s chronological resume (PDF):
MARKETING & ADVERTISING
- 30 years experience writing and designing marketing collateral, newspaper, radio, billboard and TV ads for political candidates.
- 11 years professional experience as a radio advertising copywriter and producer.
- 6 years digital (Google / Facebook / Instagram) pay-per-click advertising experience.
- 25 years website development experience. Has developed dozens of websites for small / medium-sized businesses, non-profits and political campaigns.
- By reading over a dozen website development blogs daily, keeps abreast of modern website development innovations.
- Early adopter of CSS (1997), Search Engine Optimization (1999) being one the first users of Google Analytics (2005) and responsive website design (2010).
- 4 years experience as a TV anchor / reporter / photographer.
- 6 years experience conceptualizing, writing, shooting, editing and often narrating small business company videos.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
16 years experience working with many small business owners and managers in evaluating their Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats (SWOT), as well as county governments developing their own Mission / Vision / Values / Goals statements.
POLITICAL CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
30 years experience successfully managing – and winning – local political campaigns, including:
- Idaho Attorney General
- Boise Mayor (2x)
- Meridian Mayor (3x)
- Ada County Commissioner (2x)
- Ada County Assessor (2x)
- Idaho State Senators (several)
- Idaho State Representatives (several)
- Meridian City Councilman (3x)
- 2018-2019: Member, National Alliance on Mental Illness Marketing and Communication Committee. Results: Spearheaded efforts and programs increasing the ability for local affiliates to better educate the public re: mental illness stigma.
- 2018-2019: Member, National Alliance on Mental Illness / Idaho Board of Directors. Results: Improved the technological capabilities of a statewide non-profit.
- 2017-2019: President, National Alliance on Mental Illness / Treasure Valley Board of Directors. Results:
- Administrative: Directed the resurrection of the largest local mental health non-profit in Idaho without training by state or national levels. Directed the development of the organization’s first policy and procedure manual as well as updated bylaws. Enhanced the efficiency of board collaboration by instituting committees while decreasing the number of board emails.
- Fundraising: Planned, organized and directed fundraising initiatives including project-based, major gift, year-end, annual fund and special events campaigns. Wrote and was awarded several grants. Result: Increased donations from $4,000 to $44,689 in one year.
- Membership Development: Tripled the number of board members and increased membership rolls by 30%. Accounting: Successfully acquired IRS 501(c)(3) status. Instituted document retention and financial audit systems.
- Marketing: Published the state’s most comprehensive mental health resources directory. Upgraded website with the area’s most extensive information about free mental health programs. Dramatically improved collaboration with other mental health-related non-profits.
- 2000-2002: Chairman, Ada County Republican Party. Results: Personally spearheaded the development of voter-targeted databases and strategies still being used today.
- 1997-2003: Club President, then eventually regional U.S. leader, in Toastmasters. Directed several multi-state conferences involving multiple speakers in multiple topic tracks. Results: District was awarded as one of the top in the world. District was awarded as one of the top in the world.
- Desktop Publishing: Advanced-level proficiency in Paint.net and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat).
- Office: Expert (have conducted advanced-level training) in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Budget: Quickbooks for Small Business.
- Strategic Planning
- Chairman, Meridian Mayor’s Transition Team/Strategic Planning Committee, Nov. 2003-April 2004.
- Chairman, Ada County Strategic Planning Committee, 1997-1999.
- Customer Feedback: Published author regarding integrated customer feedback systems which include focus groups, advisory committees, surveys, comment cards, website guestbooks, public speaking engagements and “secret shopper” programs.
- Other: Copy writing/editing (30 years of experience) and public speaking (17 years of experience).
Recipient, Public Information Program Award (Outstanding Public Relations efforts), International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO), 1997.
Bachelor of Journalism, University of Columbia School of Journalism (widely considered as one of the top Journalism schools in the U.S.), Dec. 1989.