DOMINATE GOOGLE’S PAGE 1 WITHOUT SPENDING $$$ ON ADS!“We recently scored a $400,000 contract due (in part) to SBM's marketing campaign. Website, videos, advertising, social media, SEO and local marketing -- Small Business Marketing does it all...for a fraction of what ad agencies charge!” - Mike R., Small Business Marketing client
Eric Cawley brings decades of marketing experience to small businesses who need an expert in a diversity of critical marketing operations. Below is his functional resume. Here's Eric's chronological resume (PDF):
MARKETING & ADVERTISING
- 30 years experience writing and designing marketing collateral, newspaper, radio, billboard and TV ads for political candidates.
- 11 years professional experience as a radio advertising copywriter and producer.
- 6 years digital (Google / Facebook / Instagram) pay-per-click advertising experience.
- 25 years website development experience. Has developed dozens of websites for small / medium-sized businesses, non-profits and political campaigns.
- By reading over a dozen website development blogs daily, keeps abreast of modern website development innovations.
- Early adopter of CSS (1997), Search Engine Optimization (1999) being one the first users of Google Analytics (2005) and responsive website design (2010).
- 4 years experience as a TV anchor / reporter / photographer.
- 6 years experience conceptualizing, writing, shooting, editing and often narrating small business company videos.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
16 years experience working with many small business owners and managers in evaluating their Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats (SWOT), as well as county governments developing their own Mission / Vision / Values / Goals statements.
POLITICAL CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
30 years experience successfully managing – and winning – local political campaigns, including:
- Idaho Attorney General
- Boise Mayor (2x)
- Meridian Mayor (3x)
- Ada County Commissioner (2x)
- Ada County Assessor (2x)
- Idaho State Senators (several)
- Idaho State Representatives (several)
- Meridian City Councilman (2x)
- 2018-2019: Member, National Alliance on Mental Illness Marketing and Communication Committee. Results: Spearheaded efforts and programs increasing the ability for local affiliates to better educate the public re: mental illness stigma.
- 2018-2019: Member, National Alliance on Mental Illness / Idaho Board of Directors. Results: Improved the technological capabilities of a statewide non-profit.
- 2017-2019: President, National Alliance on Mental Illness / Treasure Valley Board of Directors. Results:
- Administrative: Directed the resurrection of the largest local mental health non-profit in Idaho without training by state or national levels. Directed the development of the organization’s first policy and procedure manual as well as updated bylaws. Enhanced the efficiency of board collaboration by instituting committees while decreasing the number of board emails.
- Fundraising: Planned, organized and directed fundraising initiatives including project-based, major gift, year-end, annual fund and special events campaigns. Wrote and was awarded several grants. Result: Increased donations from $4,000 to $44,689 in one year.
- Membership Development: Tripled the number of board members and increased membership rolls by 30%.
Accounting: Successfully acquired IRS 501(c)(3) status. Instituted document retention and financial audit systems.
- Marketing: Published the state's most comprehensive mental health resources directory. Upgraded website with the area’s most extensive information about free mental health programs. Dramatically improved collaboration with other mental health-related non-profits.
- 2000-2002: Chairman, Ada County Republican Party. Results: Personally spearheaded the development of voter-targeted databases and strategies still being used today.
- 1997-2003: Club President, then eventually regional U.S. leader, in Toastmasters. Directed several multi-state conferences involving multiple speakers in multiple topic tracks. Results: District was awarded as one of the top in the world. District was awarded as one of the top in the world.
- Desktop Publishing: Advanced-level proficiency in Paint.net and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat).
- Office: Expert (have conducted advanced-level training) in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Budget: Quickbooks for Small Business.
- Strategic Planning
- Chairman, Meridian Mayor's Transition Team/Strategic Planning Committee, Nov. 2003-April 2004.
- Chairman, Ada County Strategic Planning Committee, 1997-1999.
- Customer Feedback: Published author regarding integrated customer feedback systems which include focus groups, advisory committees, surveys, comment cards, website guestbooks, public speaking engagements and "secret shopper" programs.
- Other: Copy writing/editing (30 years of experience) and public speaking (17 years of experience).
Recipient, Public Information Program Award (Outstanding Public Relations efforts), International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO), 1997.
KSL Classifieds Ads
Display your KSL / Craigslist ads on your website!
Small Business Marketing is the only marketing and advertising agency which gives you the ability to display your ads -- in real time -- on KSL Classifieds and Craigslist! The widgets are live, so when you add or delete an ad, it automatically makes a similar change on your website within 20 minutes or so.
Timber Creek Recycling
Gary Stringham & Associates
Express Appliance Outlet
Idaho Insurance Agency
From October 2015 - March 2017, wrote a monthly column on small business for the Idaho Statesman's Business Insider. Note: In April 2017, Gannett Newspapers discontinued almost all of the local columnist program.
Oct 2015: Email marketing offers high return on investment
Dec 2015: 4 strategies to help your small business in 2016
Jan 2016: A free customer service strategy that builds business
Feb 2016: Ensure your website is a World Wide Winner
Mar 2016: Continually develop your online reputation
Apr 2016: Stand out from your competitors
May 2016: Why it's now harder than ever to be ranked No. 1 on Google
Jun 2016: About that cyber snake oil you're being pressured to buy
Jul 2016: Get the feedback you need to fill your business' blind spots
Aug 2016: Conduct Your Own Small Business Marketing Audit
Sep 2016: Post video on website to drive sales, engagement
Oct 2016: Do your digital marketing metrics conflict? Here's why. (Video)
Nov 2016: Own a domain name? Beware of these scams. (Video)
Dec 2016: Successful SEO requires diligence
Jan 2017: Online marketing is not IT's job (Video)
Feb 2017: Are you being scammed by your SEO provider? (Video)
Mar 2017: To beat competing businesses, do an online competitive analysis (Video)